CMIT Alliance wrote a great piece on why the time is now to join the MSP revolution. (Read the full article here.) The piece articulately outlines the services that Strategic IT Consulting provides (following is excerpted from the CMIT Alliance article).
“Managed Services is the proactive management of an IT (Information Technology) asset or object, by a third party typically known as a MSP, on behalf of a customer. The operative distinction that sets apart a MSP is the proactive delivery of their service, as compared to reactive IT services, which have been around for decades.”
Typically, MSPs delivering managed services will have the following distinguishing characteristics:
- Have some form of network operations center (NOC) service
- Have some form of service or help desk service
- Be able to remotely monitor and manage all or a majority of the objects for the customer
- Proactively, compared to reactive, maintain the objects under management for the customer
- Delivery of these solutions with some form of predictable billing model, where the customer know with great accuracy what their regular IT management expense will be
In a nut shell, MSPs go beyond the “break-fix” service model by offering technology solutions to satisfy higher productivity and efficiency goals for their clients. This is the field in which Strategic IT Consulting plays by offering access to increased performance through enhanced, cost-effective IT support. Interested in learning more? Call us at (732) 369-3192 x206.